Boat handling qualifications
Rohan has worked on a variety of vessels ranging from small tiller-steered inflatables to offshore fishing vessels, yachts and cruise ships. He has a suite of boat handling qualifications that can be put to commercial use:
- Commercially endorsed RYA Advanced Powerboat
- VHF GMDSS radio licence
- ENG1 Seafarers medical
- Advanced first aid (Diver Medic Technician)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore theory
- RYA Day Skipper (yacht)
- Personal Survival Techniques (liferaft training)
- WiSe (Wildlife Safe) accredited skipper.
Jet RIB and diver support
From 2004-2016 Rohan was 'boat husband' and regularly skippered the Natural Resources Wales' Cat 2 coded research RIB Pedryn. The boat is a 12m, 5.5 tonne cabin RIB, with twin 350 Hp Yanmar diesel engines powering Hamilton water jet drives. Apart from dive support, the boat is used for drop down / towed video and side scan sonar surveys and ornithological and cetacean surveys. Rohan is also a WiSe (Wildlife Safe) accredited skipper.